Thursday, October 7, 2010

sister’s enchiladas and me being thrifty

sister has been trying to get me to try this recipe for what she called THE BEST chicken enchiladas in the world.  i’ve put it off because, well, i’ve never found an enchilada recipe i liked and had given up on the idea.

IMG_1445

but we’ve been in a major food rut so i decided to live on the wild side and try these out.IMG_1452

ONE WORD:  YUUUUMMMM!

of course, i was not prepared when i set out to make them and soon found that i was out of my world famous (okay only in my little world) homemade taco seasoning.  thus inspiring me to share my thrifty secrets to wonderful tacos with you!

simply gather the following seasonings:

1/4 cup of chili powder, ground cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder

2T cayenne and 3T salt

IMG_1441

mix together and put in an air-tight container.  i reuse a bulk spice container.  and there you have it.  use about 2T in place of one of those packets of seasoning.  it is tasty and only about 25 cents instead of the $1.25 for the packet.

IMG_1459

No comments: